Capture 1 v12 is out now

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
The new stuff is detailed at https://co12.phaseone.com/snyku9n2i5zonyvm9wmbhxwkuy7k3x.

New auto masking options (including luminosity), better copy/apply of adjustments across images (this was needed), an updated UI (also needed)... but the most exciting thing to my mind is a new plug-in API. They've had an Apple-native API in the past, but obviously this is a huge step up. Good to hear it is faster, I was noticing my latest release seemed to be getting a bit bogged down for certain operations.

$109 upgrade price is a bit steep, even if you use a discount code they are typically only 10%. Hmmm... I had been thinking of jumping ship to ON1, now I don't know. I think the plug-in thing could be a really big deal - I've often gazed over at all the LR/PS add-ons. I could get busy writing some for C1, maybe make some cash to fund my addic... oh wait, it's a hobby, yeah, a hobby. Not sure I have the time anyway.

I've been using C1 long enough I will probably bite the bullet and do it, then check out the developer SDK.

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
I skipped the 11 upgrade, so may consider this one. Been hoping for luminosity masks for a while now.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
The best thing about 11 was that almost everything can be applied as a local adjustment layer. This has been incredibly useful to me. One thing I wish they would add now is the ability to bring in another photo as a layer which could then enable blending, focus stacking, stitching, etc. Once you have that possiblity, maybe those features could even be somebody's new plug-in. As I see no mention of it, I assume that is not there in 12 either. Maybe in 13, maybe not.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
I tried the free Sony Capture 1, could not make head nor tail of it :oops:
It's quite intuitive to use, once you get over the initial hurdle of familiarizing with it. Don't give up, the results are worth the effort.

Xterra

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Dan
Anyone knows to do GPS Geotagging with C1 using Windows?
Phase One
There is mention of Photolinker but thats for MAC ONLY it seems

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I seem to recall you have a recent 3rd-gen body, so you can use your smartphone and the PlayMemories app to tag your images on the fly (iOS or Android).

Sony instructions (text) at Adding Location Information | PlayMemories Mobile Support | Sony.

Alternatively I found a video.

The location tagging is a great feature, my RX100 M6 and A7RM3 both have it and it works fine... as long as you remember to enable it on your phone before going out and to remember to select which camera is being used.

Xterra

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Dan
I seem to recall you have a recent 3rd-gen body, so you can use your smartphone and the PlayMemories app to tag your images on the fly (iOS or Android).

Sony instructions (text) at Adding Location Information | PlayMemories Mobile Support | Sony.

Alternatively I found a video.

True! Works GREAT on land! :)
But when I go diving, I have my camera underwater and run the phone GPS tracker on the Dive boat which follows the dive bubbles.
Later in LR I used to match it up with the time stamp. This is so I can tag the photo dive location site. The depth I line the time stamp up with my dive computer and Dive program.
So this is no longer possible in C1 nor LR6 as LR6 the GPS mapping went away.
Also while the Sony A7R3 is great linking to your phone to get GPS data it ONLY pulls / records LONG and LAT but no Altitude, which would be nice to know when you are hiking in the mountains.
Suggestions?
Thank you

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
Well if you have GPS device and want to merge the data from it, from the search I did the free software mentioned most on Windows seemed to be Geosetter. The main web site is at Description - GeoSetter and you can download it from Download - GeoSetter. It went without updates for quite a while, then was updated last May and version 4 is in development. It uses EXIFTOOL under the covers (an excellent command-line tool for updating metadata) so maybe it did not itself need to be updated all that time if EXIFTOOL was up-to-date.

I've not used this myself, just what I found with a bit of searching. Hope it helps.

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
True! Works GREAT on land! :)
Also while the Sony A7R3 is great linking to your phone to get GPS data it ONLY pulls / records LONG and LAT but no Altitude, which would be nice to know when you are hiking in the mountains.
Suggestions?
Thank you
It pulls altitude, I have altitude showing in the EXIF on LR and C1 with images captured from my A7R3 and RX100M6, maybe it's your phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy 8+.

Xterra

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Dan
It pulls altitude, I have altitude showing in the EXIF on LR and C1 with images captured from my A7R3 and RX100M6, maybe it's your phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy 8+.
I got a Samsung S8 but it only transfers the Long / Lat
Not sure if there is a special setting, I checked in camera bluetooth settings, there is nothing special to turn on Altitude.
I get altitude when I use a GPS tracker on the phone. But not when directly connected to the Sony camera.
In C1 the Altitude field in EXIF is also blank.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
Going out on a limb here, but do you have the latest firmware on your camera body?

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I got a Samsung S8 but it only transfers the Long / Lat
Not sure if there is a special setting, I checked in camera bluetooth settings, there is nothing special to turn on Altitude.
I get altitude when I use a GPS tracker on the phone. But not when directly connected to the Sony camera.
In C1 the Altitude field in EXIF is also blank.
Here's a snip of C1 showing the GPS data in Exif

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Xterra

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Dan
Going out on a limb here, but do you have the latest firmware on your camera body?
Camera body has Version 1.1
Cant update to version 2.0 as it has been pulled off Sony's site

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom