Can't NOT buy the FE28 2.0 - for family and social

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by WT21, Mar 24, 2015.

1. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2011
    I am really love my a7 so far. So much so, that I think I'm going to expand this system. Already have the FE70-200. Thinking of flash and grip.

But I also can't see myself NOT ordering this FE2820 lens. I think I'm going to push the button from DigitalRev.

I am not an UWA shooter, but I do shoot social scenes. I am on a budget, so the better zooms are out of my range. With 24MP you can crop pretty well anyway.

I just went through my Lightroom catalog, and I've got 314 favored shots from various events using my Canon 28/1.8 on full frame, and that's not even a very strong lens.

I was thinking my RX100 would serve my wide angle purposes, but it's hard to beat the subject isolation of a fast wide angle on full frame :)

Here are some examples from my Canon Full Frame and 28/1.8, mostly shot in the 2.0-2.2 range.

Christmas Gift
    [​IMG]

Parents vs. students basketball game - fast aperture = shutter speed!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Building the playground
    [​IMG]

School Play
    [​IMG]

Summer Car Show
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Seeing samples here of the Sony 28mm and what the Canon EF 28/1.8 is like on photozone I'd venture a guess that the Sony FE 28/2 will have distinctly better image quality especially in the corners and edges. So at least you could sell the Canon, if you only have an A7 to use it on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.