1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Can't NOT buy the FE28 2.0 - for family and social

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by WT21, Mar 24, 2015.

1. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    I am really love my a7 so far. So much so, that I think I'm going to expand this system. Already have the FE70-200. Thinking of flash and grip.

But I also can't see myself NOT ordering this FE2820 lens. I think I'm going to push the button from DigitalRev.

I am not an UWA shooter, but I do shoot social scenes. I am on a budget, so the better zooms are out of my range. With 24MP you can crop pretty well anyway.

I just went through my Lightroom catalog, and I've got 314 favored shots from various events using my Canon 28/1.8 on full frame, and that's not even a very strong lens.

I was thinking my RX100 would serve my wide angle purposes, but it's hard to beat the subject isolation of a fast wide angle on full frame :)

Here are some examples from my Canon Full Frame and 28/1.8, mostly shot in the 2.0-2.2 range.

Christmas Gift
    [​IMG]

Parents vs. students basketball game - fast aperture = shutter speed!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Building the playground
    [​IMG]

School Play
    [​IMG]

Summer Car Show
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Seeing samples here of the Sony 28mm and what the Canon EF 28/1.8 is like on photozone I'd venture a guess that the Sony FE 28/2 will have distinctly better image quality especially in the corners and edges. So at least you could sell the Canon, if you only have an A7 to use it on.