Canon, Nikon or Sony?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by species, Aug 11, 2014.

1. species

species New to TalkEmount

Aug 11, 2014
    Hi, sorry for the newbie question but I have just ordered an A7r after downscaling my equipment from an A99 and 70-400mm behemoth.

Now what I am looking for is a 100-300mm lens, which I realise they sadly dont make in an e-mount, but obviously they are available in other mounts/manufacturers.

So my question is, given that I want autofocus (doesnt need to be super quick, I have an A6000 for that), what would people recommend? My quandary is that whilst I know there are a lot of adapters on the market, most that have the electrical connections are at least £70 upwards, so I dont want to say buy three for each make. I would rather just buy one and stick to that manufacturer.

One last quick question, if the adapters do have autofocus, etc. does that mean that if the lens had it, the optical stabilisation would work?

2. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    By far the best bet is the LA-EA4 with a Sony A-Mount lens. This way you get fast AF, and OSS etc. It's expensive but as you already had a full frame A-Mount you could use your 70-400mm (and other lenses) still for example so you may not need to buy a lens even?