1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon FDn 300/4.0-L and Female Eastern Bluebird.....Take Two

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Dec 4, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Hooked on Peanut Butter…she came back today, a little closer and in better light

Canon FDn 300/4.0-L, Sony NEX-7, Daylight WB, Vivid, ISO100, AP mode, F5.6, 1/160 & 1/125

• Like Like x 9
  2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    How about making a shallow hole in that stump? that way the lure wouldn't show.

3. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I have stump and trunk feeders like that with photos during the spring and summer...just got carried away and dabbed some on top of this tree trunk I use for Woodpeckers the last few mornings and she's all over it, LOL

4. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    Third picture is the charm, great !

• Like Like x 1
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    yum, yum

6. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Actually I think that showing peanut butter kind of adds to these pictures. I have to test it sometimes. Excellent lens anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I agree...the dab of peanut butter is obviously peanut butter but in these shots it's actually a working element of the composition....bird came to it, bends down peering at it, then gets and swallows some, etc.

And to be honest, no matter how hard we try to disguise it, its usually obvious when bird shots are being taken as they come to some "unseen" lure...at least other photographers realize it, LOL...this one is funny: