• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Canon FDn 17mm / 4.0 UWA

roundball

TalkEmount Legend
Took a hike alongside a lake to explore the area today…didn’t find anything unusual and the sky was a clear solid blue…but the wind was up and the lake surface had constant little ripples on it so I experimented with 3 things all together:
Infrared + the 17mm UWA + Long Exposure.
Camera = IR/NEX-7, IR temp 2600K, ISO100, AP Mode

1st Photo shows the water's surface w/o Long Exposure.
Canon FDn 24mm, F22, happened to have a Hoya Skylight Filter on it.

View attachment 66114

2nd Photo for Long Exposure / surface water effect
Canon FDn 17/4.0 UWA, F22, Hoya Skylight + Hoya 6 stop ND filters View attachment 66115

roundball

TalkEmount Legend
Thought it turned out half-way decent...in hind sight I should have taken the time to add another ND filter for the water but I'd already hiked almost a mile through rough hilly woods, was cold, and knew I had to repeat that mile so I was ready to start getting back out...told myself "next time" :).
PS:
In the distance on the left side there's Eagles Nest high in a lone tree...will try to remember to check it in the spring to see if they return to raise young again...if so, might be able to set up close and get some action shots of the adults coming & going

roundball

TalkEmount Legend
Lovin this Canon FDn 17mm UWA on the NEX-7...wish I'd known about / bought it sooner...example from today's Infrared outing:

122015_A_IR Cove#2 Viewing In 06_GIMP AWB+ChSwp_PB-Con50+PBS50.jpg
   ---            

Latest threads

Top Bottom