Showcase Canon FD 35-105mm F/3.5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by pvp_victor, Dec 30, 2014.

1. pvp_victor

pvp_victor TalkEmount Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    bangalore, india
    Vijay
    Bought this classic sometime back. After mounting it felt that the "tiny" nature of NEX was gone. It needed a bag and got a "Lowepro Format 140" Camera Bag, which fitted the Can with this lens, Kit lens, Canon FD 50mm F/1.4 Lens, ND Filters, Spare battery, a tiny Tripod, Lens Cleaner and a spare Mem Card. Then, the whole bag felt heavy :frown:. Work load started taking its toll and the heavy (for me) bag was mostly left at home.

A few days back, saw someone burning leaves and a funny thing got my attention. Took this shot. The lens has done nothing special IMHO in this shot.

Mild processing has yielded a different look. A bright alien :)

PS: Have to change my mindset to use this lens more often. Currently waiting for workload to ease so that I can learn about this lens more.

• Like Like x 2
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    One of my all time favorites on my NEX-7...I've seen it written up as having "L" like IQ with that big 72mm front end and I agree with that as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pvp_victor

pvp_victor TalkEmount Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    bangalore, india
    Vijay
    In my first post, I mentioned that "the lens has done nothing special" in the shot above. I was wrong. The fire was about 60 feet away and the REACH of that lens helped me a closer shot, without any trouble. My Canon FD 135mm F/3.5 was too close, but this Gem gave me more options.

Once the lens came home, did a few test shots, and I could see why you were praising this Canon. Without inputs from you and members shaolin95 and NickCyprus, I couldn't have bought this gem.

4. philipcs

philipcs TalkEmount Regular

May 20, 2015
    Philip Pang
    • Like Like x 3
  5. philipcs

May 20, 2015
    Philip Pang
    Closest Focus Distance in Macro mode only available at 35mm. Some vignetting and light fall off at the 4 corners.
    20076948125_f8494856db_b.

Closest Focus Distance in Normal Mode @ 35mm
    20082348231_eb7c4d0b5a_b.

Closest Focus Distance in Normal Mode @ 105mm
    19455975873_ced828bc1a_b.

• Like Like x 1
  6. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I'll be surprised if you don't like it...great lens

7. philipcs

May 20, 2015
    Philip Pang
    It too huge on A7 II. :p

8. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    The little sony camera bodies are just small...big lenses make good handles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1