1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon EF-S 10-18mm STM

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Sympa, Oct 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sympa

Sympa TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 19, 2015
    Received my Fotga autofocus adapter ($35 on aliexpress) and bought a Canon 10-18mm after trying it in a shop. Works but no autofocus, I must say. Using it on my A6000.
    I was able to take a sharp 1.6 second exposure shot handheld (leaning in door opening) so I assume IS works.
    Autofocus sometimes works, but sometimes does not. Strange but true. If it works it is acceptable for static subjects, but sometimes still misses. Other times there is hardly any movement for autofocus and it doesn't work. In any case manual focus works fine and is easy and really smooth.

2. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    You need a USM lens not STM for AF with these adapters.

3. Sympa

Sympa TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 19, 2015
    AF works sometimes... but then sometimes it works not. I also verified that setting aperture works, but it is only applied on exposure and not continuously like on native lenses. But most adapters work that way. But given that I can focus manually, and the 10-18 lens is not fast and wide open while watching the finer, it is really easy to manual focus.
    Recommended as a cheap wide angle zoom.

4. Sympa

Sympa TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 19, 2015
    And there is some vignetting in the extreme corners when zoomed fully out. When going from 10 to 10.5 mm one sees the movement in the viewfinder.