1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Canon EF/EFS Adapter to Sony E-Mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by BYee, Jun 20, 2015.

1. BYee

BYee TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 23, 2014
    I've been shooting with Canon gear since the 70's and built up a small collection of L series lenses with the odd EFS lens over the years.

I've looked at the Metabones Speed Booster at a local camera store but there seems to be a design flaw - unable to mount my Canon lens onto it without using a fair amount of force. Not promising when the Metabones costs around $750CDN.

Reviews have been less than stellar with compatibility issues and very slow focus.

What brand of lens adapters are you using to convert your Canon EF/EFS lens to E-mount for use on the Sony A6000? Opinions?

I'm hoping to leverage the autofocus and stabilization of my Canon L-series lenses.

Thoughts??

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    I've heard of defective metabones not fitting correctly but I'm not 100% on this. Auto focus will be very slow with this type of adapter on any e mount camera besides the just announced a7rmkII. If you don't mind manual focus the metrabones does a good job at controlling aperture and transmitting exif data etc. There are some other cheaper brands of adapter that work simillarlly to the metabones but I don't know much about them. Here is one such alternative: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Viltrox-...01?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cfb6b22a9