Canon announces PowerShot SX40 HS and S100 point&shoot cameras

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by ryandigweed, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ryandigweed

ryandigweed TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    I've always been a fan of Canon, because their results are always so good, and best because you can hack it with CHDK :)

Cannon had released "HS" series a few months back which was supposed to be for better lower light performance. Those were the compact ones, but now they have released one for the big boys (SX40 HS ) and another compact (S100). Both are running on DIGIC5 Image processor.

The SX40 has 35x Optical Zoom (which I love), 12.1 MP CMOS sensor, Image Stabilization and Also max ISO 3200. It is Expected to reach the market later this month.

The S100 has 5x Optical Zoom, 12.1 MP CMOS sensor, and max ISO 6400. It is expected to come around in November.

Both these cameras run on DIGIC5 Processors, Record fullHD , and will cost around 430$

I'm very excited to see the reviews of the SX40 HS, to see how well this can perform in low-light conditions as well as if it will have RAW shooting Capabilities. If it doesn't shoot RAW, then I eagerly will be waiting for a CHDK release for it.

Good Going Canon.

Would Like to hear about what you guys think about these cameras. I particularly love the SX40 HS so far.
    I will be offline for a few days due to technical issues. :(