Canon announces PowerShot SX40 HS and S100 point&shoot cameras

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by ryandigweed, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ryandigweed

ryandigweed TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    I've always been a fan of Canon, because their results are always so good, and best because you can hack it with CHDK :)

Cannon had released "HS" series a few months back which was supposed to be for better lower light performance. Those were the compact ones, but now they have released one for the big boys (SX40 HS ) and another compact (S100). Both are running on DIGIC5 Image processor.

The SX40 has 35x Optical Zoom (which I love), 12.1 MP CMOS sensor, Image Stabilization and Also max ISO 3200. It is Expected to reach the market later this month.

[​IMG]

The S100 has 5x Optical Zoom, 12.1 MP CMOS sensor, and max ISO 6400. It is expected to come around in November.

[​IMG].

Both these cameras run on DIGIC5 Processors, Record fullHD , and will cost around 430$

I'm very excited to see the reviews of the SX40 HS, to see how well this can perform in low-light conditions as well as if it will have RAW shooting Capabilities. If it doesn't shoot RAW, then I eagerly will be waiting for a CHDK release for it.

Good Going Canon.

Would Like to hear about what you guys think about these cameras. I particularly love the SX40 HS so far.
    I will be offline for a few days due to technical issues. :(