1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon AF lenses. Which mount?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Rich, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Rich

Rich TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Salisbury UK
    Richard
    I have never been particularly interested in adapting "other" lenses to my NEX's. But, as an ex Canon DSLR user I have a couple of lenses that I would be interested in using if I can find an appropriate mount/adaptor.

The two lenses in question are: Canon EF 24-70 2.8 and EF 70-200 2.8.

I realise that I am not likely to get any kind of AF function from an adaptor, but (and please forgive my ignorance) is it possible to get AE. For instance, I always use aperture priority, would I be able to get an adaptor that would offer this function.

Sorry for what will seem a dim question to the many Adaptor enthusiasts here but I have never bothered to study the subject.

Price is not an issue here. What is likely to be the best make?
    And, where is the best place to obtain such an item in the UK?

Any and all help/advice gratefully received.

Rich.

2. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I have Metabones III which is A7/A7R compatible and it af's with all the Canon lenses that I have. AF is slow like liveview af in Canon but it works. Third party lenses usually have problems w/ af. However you can change the aperture on all ef mount lenses whether canon or third party. Also there are other manufacturers which sell cheaper adapters that work with nex.

You can find the adapters on ebay/Amazon and some big camera shops might carry eg B&H/Adorama in US. Here is Metabone's direct website where you can also purchase:
    http://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB-EF-E-BM3

That website shows also which lenses af and 24-70 mark I is in mf section.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rich

Rich TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Salisbury UK
    Richard
    Many thanks for that serhan, that would appear to be what I need. I will investigate that avenue further.