• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Canon 35mm f2.8 FD

matthias

New to TalkEmount
DSC00749.jpg
   ---            

DSC00545.jpg
   ---            

taken with sony A7.1

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
Beautiful light! I also think the first shot was breathtaking, nicely done.
I found this lens to be very good as well.

pellicle

TalkEmount Veteran
I've been toying with buying a 35f2.8 myself, however last night an auction came "good" and I picked up the Samyang 35f2.8 for AU$250 (plus shipping) ... while I'd like to have the FD (at the very least to compare) the Samyang has some advantages (not the least of which is that I've had some problems with focus flop and oil on shutter blades on some of the recent FD's I've purchased, which is probably not unexpectable given their age now)

So if any Australians want to post me an FD35f2.8 as a loan for being a tester please PM me ;-)

matthias

New to TalkEmount
Agreed, but I wondered if it may have been a firmware revision designation that I was unaware of (I've only had an A7 for a couple of months)
yes, its the A7 Mark 1 :), i found the lens on ebay for around 50 €... i also have the FD 28 2.8 and the FD 50 1.4 they are all very sharp and deliver good colors and contrast.

pellicle

TalkEmount Veteran
... FD 50 1.4 ...very sharp and deliver good colors and contrast.

yep, I've got the FD50f1.4 as well ... I picked it up years back for use on m43 (same too of the FD28f2.8, which I parted with some years back). Sadly in Australia right now the prices are significantly higher than they were ... its not uncommon to see the 35f2.8 going for $150

matthias

New to TalkEmount
begin of winter (germany) last year:
DSC00736.jpg
   ---            

end of winter this year, it has a bit of motion blur (1/40s):
DSC01018.jpg
   ---            

chalkdust

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Bert Cheney
I am beginning to suspect there is more here than just a lens. These show a remarkable sense for air and light and texture and composition and color. I do not think those things come from the lens. Thanks for sharing these.

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will

pellicle

TalkEmount Veteran
I've been curious to compare one to the Samyang I have, but have experienced an amount of failures of FD lenses of late (due to their age and failing internal systems) so I'm unwilling to pop the money (which is more or less double or more what it was 5 years back)

matthias

New to TalkEmount
DSC01654.jpg
   ---            

yesterday in Berlin, A7 Mark 1, F4.0 1/30s, ISO 400

Latest threads

Top Bottom