Cancelled Adobe subscription

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
My Adobe LR / PS CC subscription was up for renewal next month so I cancelled it as I don't use it enough to justify keeping it for £10 a month, I use Capture 1 for Sony now instead.

Anyway when I went online to cancel they automatically made me an offer of 2 months free for the next year if I didn't cancel, I still cancelled but the point been if your subscription comes up for renewal and you want to renew it then go online and cancel and see if they make you an offer, if they do you save money for the next years subscription and if they don't then don't go ahead with the cancellation.

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
Haha yeah when you are ready to cancel you'll be surprised at what you can sometimes get. I did this with my cable TV sub and got offered to keep it for basically free (because a bundle discount from other things I wasn't cancelling that needed the cable sub amounted to more than what I was asked to pay).

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
I am too old (79 last month) to spend any time learning a new program for editing. With the number of years that I will reasonably live - the payback just won't be great enough...
I tried DXO Photo Lab but, really never got into the program...

MWhite

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
I am no fan of Adobe, but now have over 30K images catalogued in LR. There is no way I am going to switch until someone comes up with an app that will import all of that work along with the adjustments I've made to the photos. I view it as an irritating but necessary cost of my hobby. I would probably lose that many dollars in golf balls monthly if I played golf. (Those who have seen me attempt to play know that will never happen!)

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
Capture One will import your LR catalog along with adjustments, keywords, etc. But, like ANY app how those adjustments affect the image may in some cases be proprietary and not be able to be translated directly. What I did when I switched quite a while back was pull everything in realizing this, and then dedicated myself to using C1 from that point forward.

It is never easy switching out one thing for another, whether that is cameras, software, houses, etc.

mstphoto

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Stephen
I have too much plug-ins etc for Adobe to cancel right now.
I use it almost everyday trying to learn new techniques.
Certainly works for me.
I have other editing software installed but nothing compares to CC for my editing needs.
Also have Capture One installed but can't make anything of it

MWhite

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
Capture One will import your LR catalog along with adjustments, keywords, etc. But, like ANY app how those adjustments affect the image may in some cases be proprietary and not be able to be translated directly. What I did when I switched quite a while back was pull everything in realizing this, and then dedicated myself to using C1 from that point forward.

It is never easy switching out one thing for another, whether that is cameras, software, houses, etc.
Good to know! Thanks

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
I'm also wedded to Lightroom and paying a subscription despite my computer being too old to update to the latest version and having to revert to LR6. I have an enormous catalogue and various plug ins but I did upgrade my ASE to ASEX4 as I use this a lot although I don't like it's catalog. I trialed C1 recently but like Mike, couldn't make head or tail of it. Too clever for me probably, I like to be spoon fed in small bites thus when I need to learn something I'm able to go various tutorials on youTube.

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
I'd paid for the perpetual license of LR and not long after they moved to the subscription model and announced my version would no longer be updated.
Their catalog system IMO is clunky and departs from Windows conventions.
Over time their help system has become positively labyrinthine. Five screens of video help when you do a search - when I don't use videos.
Then chat support on a critical issue that had me waiting 20 minutes getting closer to being served, just to get bumped down 18 places.
So - arrogance + complacency = lack of customer focus, plus extortion --> lost customer.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom