• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Can you shut off the screen display on the Nex7?

tombran

TalkEmount Regular
Going out tonight to photo ( and hopefully catch) a meteor. Was out last night in the desert and the screen really hampered my night vision. Just spent an hour going thru the manual. Would seem an obvious choice to save battery if nothing else, but couldn't find it in any menus. Any ideas??

macro

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Danny Young
Hang on, its in the menu, I use it now and again for exactly that reason.........

Setup/ "Finder/LCD Setting"

Gives you a choice...... Auto, Viewfinder, LCD Monitor. I often just use "Viewfinder"

All the best.

Danny.

tombran

TalkEmount Regular
Thank you so much. Always wonder about Sony and their manuals. Everywhere it's display this display that. Even when you discover ( with your help) "Finder" in the setup menu, it doesn't indicate turning the "display" on and off, just says "sets how you switch between viewfinder and the display". Great products no doubt, you'd think in their best interest to have comprehensive user documentation. Been like this for decades, only eclipsed in the negative by Panasonic and Fostex. Thanks again.

Latest threads

Top Bottom