1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

camera shake warning icon

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by jlabate, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jlabate

jlabate TalkEmount Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    Today I just received my first Nex, a C3/16mm kit. I've become reasonably familiar with the menu and settings but that little "camera shake" icon is annoying me. I understand what it's telling me (too long a shutter speed to hand-hold steady) and I don't see a way to turn it off (other than using a shutter/aperture/ISO). Is there a way to turn off the warning?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I dont think you can dude, I just tried every possible way to switch it off but to no avail, I think it's with the lens itself as the camera gets information from the lens, when a 3rd party lens is mounted via adapter the warning icon doesnt show, I guess because there's no info sent back to the camera.

3. jlabate

Aug 25, 2011
    Thanks Phoenix. I suspected as much but I appreciate your confirmation. And that you wanted to turn it off also.

4. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    As far as I know it's on all the time as long as you have it switched on in the menu. Have you looked in there and tried to switch it off? I would guess though, that it's also telling you that you have a lens with the anti-shake built in.

5. jlabate

Aug 25, 2011
    I went through the menus pretty thoroughly but the Nex is new to me so I may have missed something. The lens is the Sony 16mm which I don't think has the OSS, does it?

6. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    No, the 16mm isn't stabilised.