camera shake warning icon

jlabate

TalkEmount Regular
Today I just received my first Nex, a C3/16mm kit. I've become reasonably familiar with the menu and settings but that little "camera shake" icon is annoying me. I understand what it's telling me (too long a shutter speed to hand-hold steady) and I don't see a way to turn it off (other than using a shutter/aperture/ISO). Is there a way to turn off the warning?

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
I dont think you can dude, I just tried every possible way to switch it off but to no avail, I think it's with the lens itself as the camera gets information from the lens, when a 3rd party lens is mounted via adapter the warning icon doesnt show, I guess because there's no info sent back to the camera.

jlabate

TalkEmount Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Phoenix. I suspected as much but I appreciate your confirmation. And that you wanted to turn it off also.

macjim

TalkEmount Regular
As far as I know it's on all the time as long as you have it switched on in the menu. Have you looked in there and tried to switch it off? I would guess though, that it's also telling you that you have a lens with the anti-shake built in.

jlabate

TalkEmount Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went through the menus pretty thoroughly but the Nex is new to me so I may have missed something. The lens is the Sony 16mm which I don't think has the OSS, does it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom