camera shake warning icon

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by jlabate, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jlabate

jlabate TalkEmount Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    Today I just received my first Nex, a C3/16mm kit. I've become reasonably familiar with the menu and settings but that little "camera shake" icon is annoying me. I understand what it's telling me (too long a shutter speed to hand-hold steady) and I don't see a way to turn it off (other than using a shutter/aperture/ISO). Is there a way to turn off the warning?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I dont think you can dude, I just tried every possible way to switch it off but to no avail, I think it's with the lens itself as the camera gets information from the lens, when a 3rd party lens is mounted via adapter the warning icon doesnt show, I guess because there's no info sent back to the camera.

3. jlabate

Aug 25, 2011
    Thanks Phoenix. I suspected as much but I appreciate your confirmation. And that you wanted to turn it off also.

4. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    As far as I know it's on all the time as long as you have it switched on in the menu. Have you looked in there and tried to switch it off? I would guess though, that it's also telling you that you have a lens with the anti-shake built in.

5. jlabate

Aug 25, 2011
    I went through the menus pretty thoroughly but the Nex is new to me so I may have missed something. The lens is the Sony 16mm which I don't think has the OSS, does it?

6. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    No, the 16mm isn't stabilised.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.