1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Camera Armor?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by OldNoob, Nov 29, 2014.

1. OldNoob

OldNoob TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Years ago i had a chance to check out some silicone "Camera armor" on a DSLR . and i liked it. However views on it varied. Some stated thats its easy to get grit or dust in the spaces between the silicone and the camera.
    However with this a6000 it has such hard edges im afraid i am going to scratch it up quickly. So after some research , i found this product. What are your opinions on this?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/V303-Black-Silicone-Armor-Skin-Body-Case-Bag-Camera-Cover-Protector-for-Sony-Alpha-a6000-Digital/32235973972.html

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    Ah, like for a cell phone. I would be a little concerned about loosing too much clearance between the inboard side of the grip and the lens :coffee:

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Looks great!

My biggest concern is the lens mount covering and switching out lenses. Seem like that would be a real pain.

4. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    I don't know, Dave. I think it looks like a soft/rubbery armor that would allow for pressing the lens release button through the armor.

5. OldNoob

OldNoob TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    my concern would be that it would ether swell up and get loose with skin oils OR conversely get hard as a reaction to the oils. Silicone is funny stuff it doesn't always react predictably.

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Been using Silicone on various devices for years now with mixed results.

If it is fairly thick, I have had no issues. I've had some rather thin ones though that have given me issues.