1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

cables & steel

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Bimjo, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Back in Riverfront Park in Spokane. These are shots of what remains of the American Pavilion from Expo '74. This framework is all that remains of the pavilion. The covering was removed as it degraded (it was never meant to be permanent) and the support structure is all that remains.

The city was going to take the whole thing down when the cover came off, but a grassroots movement saved the structure.

5N/kit zoom & CV15. Other views on my blog.

[​IMG]

riverfront_park120907_14.

riverfront_park120907_18.

riverfront_park120907_24.

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand

I really like this one!

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I'm glad, since I nearly broke my neck taking it. I'm backed up against a rock wall & leaning backwards over it to get the whole thing in the frame. I damn near went over the wall when my foot slipped on the concrete. My camera bag spun me sideways and I ended up on top of/parallel to the wall.

Sometimes there just is no substitute for a zone-focused manual focus lens to get a shot. Well, maybe a wider lens would help too. ;)

4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Oh, the things we get ourselves into for the love of it! LOL

5. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Nice different perspective

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Isn't that the truth?

I initially wanted to get closer and really warp that thing, but I think I like this better than what I could have gotten with a wider lens.

7. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    turned out really great, sometimes we have to face a lot of things to do for our love of photography, I remember when I boarded the Empire State,my hands were sweating a lot, because I have a fear of heights ... lol

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Thanks Freddy. I have to salute you overcoming a fear of heights to go up there. Several years ago my wife suddenly developed vertigo in the Seattle Space Needle. Didn't bother her going up the elevator (they're outside w/big windows), but once she got up there she had to stare at an interior wall or she'd get dizzy. Getting her back down was fun and she hasn't been back. Now a step ladder can set off her vertigo.