• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

cables & steel

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Back in Riverfront Park in Spokane. These are shots of what remains of the American Pavilion from Expo '74. This framework is all that remains of the pavilion. The covering was removed as it degraded (it was never meant to be permanent) and the support structure is all that remains.

The city was going to take the whole thing down when the cover came off, but a grassroots movement saved the structure.

5N/kit zoom & CV15. Other views on my blog.

riverfront_park120907_13.jpg

riverfront_park120907_14.jpg

riverfront_park120907_18.jpg

riverfront_park120907_24.jpg

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Back in Riverfront Park in Spokane. These are shots of what remains of the American Pavilion from Expo '74. This framework is all that remains of the pavilion. The covering was removed as it degraded (it was never meant to be permanent) and the support structure is all that remains.

The city was going to take the whole thing down when the cover came off, but a grassroots movement saved the structure.

riverfront_park120907_18.jpg

I really like this one!

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I really like this one!

I'm glad, since I nearly broke my neck taking it. I'm backed up against a rock wall & leaning backwards over it to get the whole thing in the frame. I damn near went over the wall when my foot slipped on the concrete. My camera bag spun me sideways and I ended up on top of/parallel to the wall.

Sometimes there just is no substitute for a zone-focused manual focus lens to get a shot. Well, maybe a wider lens would help too. ;)

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Isn't that the truth?
I initially wanted to get closer and really warp that thing, but I think I like this better than what I could have gotten with a wider lens.

turned out really great, sometimes we have to face a lot of things to do for our love of photography, I remember when I boarded the Empire State,my hands were sweating a lot, because I have a fear of heights ... lol

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
turned out really great, sometimes we have to face a lot of things to do for our love of photography, I remember when I boarded the Empire State,my hands were sweating a lot, because I have a fear of heights ... lol

Thanks Freddy. I have to salute you overcoming a fear of heights to go up there. Several years ago my wife suddenly developed vertigo in the Seattle Space Needle. Didn't bother her going up the elevator (they're outside w/big windows), but once she got up there she had to stare at an interior wall or she'd get dizzy. Getting her back down was fun and she hasn't been back. Now a step ladder can set off her vertigo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom