C/Y NEX speedbooster images

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by f/otographer, Aug 20, 2013.

1. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Hi everyone. New poster here. I was turned on to this forum by someone who just purchased a lens from me. :)

Seems to be a lot of good information and images here and I would love to add to that. I thought I would start of with some examples of what I have been able to pull out of the Metabones Contax/Yashica Speedbooster recently. While I am a big fan of Minolta Rokkors the fact that Metabones has not released a speedbooster for them made me go back to my old love of Tomioka made Yashica glass from the time they were producing the Yashica lenses for themselves and the Zeiss lenses under licences. There is something about the bokeh from old Tomioka glass that I find to be very special and pleasing. So here is a link to my speedbooster page on flickr. Speedbooster - a set on Flickr

A good thing about the C/Y speedbooster is you can use a C/Y to M42 adapter to get old screwmounts on there as well. Some of the shots are from old Zeiss Biotars and Flektogons, as well as a couple of old Tamron Adaptalls.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. Here are a few samples of whats in the folder.

2. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Welcome and love the random clown.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkNEX mobile app
  3. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    Welcome. Thanks for the nice images. I use canon SB with C/Y lenses in addition to other mount lenses, eg M42, Nikon, OM.
  4. sleekdigital

sleekdigital TalkEmount Regular

May 7, 2013
    Great stuff! What lens was used for that first shot and what was your distance (roughly) to the subject?
  5. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    welcome and congrats nice photos
  6. f/otographer

Aug 20, 2013
    Thx Deadbear, who doesnt love a random clown. :)

serhan, thank you as well. I almost got the Canon SB but saved a little money and went with the CY since that is what I would be shooting mostly anyway. But there were some sweet old EF lenses I would have liked to try on the NEX.

sleekdigital, thx! The first shot was with the Yashica ML 50/1.7 (series 2) on tubes. I think just a 27mm tube. I dont know the exact distance but I was very close to the subject, within a few inches if that. Most of my macro photography is with 50mm or 55mm lenses so I am used to shooting close.

Thanks freddy. :)
  7. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Those are very nice indeed. Welcome to the forum. :)
  8. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Impressive! And yes, welcome!
  9. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Welcome from the lens buyer. :D Great pics.

10. f/otographer

Aug 20, 2013
    Bimjo and WoodWorks, thank you very much for the kind comments.

Haha, thanks Tony. Hope you are enjoying that Rokkor you got from me. :)
  11. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    A beautiful entrance, welcome.
  12. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Indeed I am. It is a great lens.