• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

C-Mount Lenses

storyteller

TalkEmount Veteran
Any one had any luck with C-mount lenses on the NEX? It seems to depend a lot on the lens. Thought maybe we could start a list of ones that work (or don't) or work with issues.

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
The 35mm f/1.7 works very nice! I haven't one, but I'm pretty sure most NEX-users saw pics of it mounted on a Sony NEX. It vignettes a bit and gives kind of a special effect to the images, but it's nice and totally worth the money.

Do anybody know where I could get one in Austria without Paypal and credit cards?

lucispictor

New to TalkEmount
+1 on that 1.7/35. I've got one and it's fun. Not as good over the whole field as a "real" 35mm, but fun nevertheless...

Travisennis

TalkEmount Veteran

storyteller

TalkEmount Veteran
Perhaps companies like SLR Magic that take C-mount lenses and upscale them have a better thing going than "traditional" lens makers who are trying to scale back FF 35mm lenses. It seems the speed vs. size ratio on the 1" sensor c-mounts is better traditional lenses and some of those come pretty close to effectively covering an APS-C frame. Of course quality C mount glass isn't actually super cheap but a rectilinear 10 or 12mm lens would be fun...

Lensagon CM0814GS

TonyTurley

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I know this is a rather old thread, but I've been looking at c-mounts lately . . . just out of curiosity, y'know. I happen to have a c-mount to Nex adapter laying beside of me, so after much looking and reading, I sprang for a Cosmicar/Pentax 25mm f/1.8. This is all strictly for academic purposes and scientific curiosity, of course. :rolleyes: Besides, I can't let Ad get too far ahead of me in the lens count. :)

Tony

Latest threads

Top Bottom