C-Mount Lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by storyteller, Oct 13, 2011.

1. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    Any one had any luck with C-mount lenses on the NEX? It seems to depend a lot on the lens. Thought maybe we could start a list of ones that work (or don't) or work with issues.

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    The 35mm f/1.7 works very nice! I haven't one, but I'm pretty sure most NEX-users saw pics of it mounted on a Sony NEX. It vignettes a bit and gives kind of a special effect to the images, but it's nice and totally worth the money.

Do anybody know where I could get one in Austria without Paypal and credit cards?

3. C Wadsworth

C Wadsworth TalkEmount Regular

Aug 31, 2011
  4. lucispictor

lucispictor New to TalkEmount

Aug 20, 2011
    +1 on that 1.7/35. I've got one and it's fun. Not as good over the whole field as a "real" 35mm, but fun nevertheless...

5. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    I thought that review was amazing. The results you got with that combo makes me want to give it a shot myself. I was surprised at the unique, but high-quality look were able to get with that 35mm 1.7 lens, especially on the NEX sensor.

6. Alowisney

Alowisney TalkEmount Regular

Sep 1, 2011
    Macon, GA USA
    I just realized that some of those pictures from the review were from a Beirut show! I'm officially jealous!

7. robertmwilliams

robertmwilliams TalkEmount Regular

Sep 28, 2011
    That is some seriously good stuff.
    This look like a real fun lens.
    Ok, I am convinced.
    Off to Amazon to order one.

8. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Here's a smaller c-mount that proves full coverage of the NEX sensor-

C-Mount blog

Pocketable APS-C camera!

9. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    Perhaps companies like SLR Magic that take C-mount lenses and upscale them have a better thing going than "traditional" lens makers who are trying to scale back FF 35mm lenses. It seems the speed vs. size ratio on the 1" sensor c-mounts is better traditional lenses and some of those come pretty close to effectively covering an APS-C frame. Of course quality C mount glass isn't actually super cheap but a rectilinear 10 or 12mm lens would be fun...

Lensagon CM0814GS

10. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I know this is a rather old thread, but I've been looking at c-mounts lately . . . just out of curiosity, y'know. I happen to have a c-mount to Nex adapter laying beside of me, so after much looking and reading, I sprang for a Cosmicar/Pentax 25mm f/1.8. This is all strictly for academic purposes and scientific curiosity, of course. :rolleyes: Besides, I can't let Ad get too far ahead of me in the lens count. :)

Tony

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.