C-Mount Lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by storyteller, Oct 13, 2011.

1. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    Any one had any luck with C-mount lenses on the NEX? It seems to depend a lot on the lens. Thought maybe we could start a list of ones that work (or don't) or work with issues.
  2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    The 35mm f/1.7 works very nice! I haven't one, but I'm pretty sure most NEX-users saw pics of it mounted on a Sony NEX. It vignettes a bit and gives kind of a special effect to the images, but it's nice and totally worth the money.

Do anybody know where I could get one in Austria without Paypal and credit cards?
  3. C Wadsworth

C Wadsworth TalkEmount Regular

Aug 31, 2011
  4. lucispictor

lucispictor New to TalkEmount

Aug 20, 2011
    +1 on that 1.7/35. I've got one and it's fun. Not as good over the whole field as a "real" 35mm, but fun nevertheless...
  5. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    I thought that review was amazing. The results you got with that combo makes me want to give it a shot myself. I was surprised at the unique, but high-quality look were able to get with that 35mm 1.7 lens, especially on the NEX sensor.
  6. Alowisney

Alowisney TalkEmount Regular

Sep 1, 2011
    Macon, GA USA
    I just realized that some of those pictures from the review were from a Beirut show! I'm officially jealous!
  7. robertmwilliams

robertmwilliams TalkEmount Regular

Sep 28, 2011
    That is some seriously good stuff.
    This look like a real fun lens.
    Ok, I am convinced.
    Off to Amazon to order one.
  8. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Here's a smaller c-mount that proves full coverage of the NEX sensor-

C-Mount blog

Pocketable APS-C camera!
  9. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    Perhaps companies like SLR Magic that take C-mount lenses and upscale them have a better thing going than "traditional" lens makers who are trying to scale back FF 35mm lenses. It seems the speed vs. size ratio on the 1" sensor c-mounts is better traditional lenses and some of those come pretty close to effectively covering an APS-C frame. Of course quality C mount glass isn't actually super cheap but a rectilinear 10 or 12mm lens would be fun...

Lensagon CM0814GS
  10. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I know this is a rather old thread, but I've been looking at c-mounts lately . . . just out of curiosity, y'know. I happen to have a c-mount to Nex adapter laying beside of me, so after much looking and reading, I sprang for a Cosmicar/Pentax 25mm f/1.8. This is all strictly for academic purposes and scientific curiosity, of course. :rolleyes: Besides, I can't let Ad get too far ahead of me in the lens count. :)