1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bye bye m43

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Kiwi Paul, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    I put my remaining m43 kit up for sale today and most of it has had offers of interest or sold.
    So for the first time in over 8 years I will no longer have any 43 or m43 kit.

It was my intention to run 2 systems, the A7R2 + lenses as my main kit and the m43 as a compact travel kit, but in the end the Sony stuff packed into such a small bag anyway it isn't a problem to carry about at all.
    I've just bought an A6000 + 16-50 kit lens to compliment the ff setup and also as a second (backup) body, as both bodies can use the same lenses (although the A6000 is crop sensor) it makes more sense than having 2 different systems (Sony and m43).

So it is with a slightly heavy heart I bid farewell to m43, it served me very well, but things move on.:boohoo:

Paul

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    You should make this declaration on Mu-43 and then sit down and watch heads explode from stubborn M43 shooters who refuse to acknowledge that there are other camera systems in the world and then have them berate you as a troll just for making objective observations demonstrating the advantages of the FF sensor! :laugh1:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sesser

sesser TalkEmount Regular

May 21, 2016
    randy
    Haven't you heard? It's not about the megapixels or the size of your sensor. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TalkEmount mobile app

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    I dunno if I'm that brave :laugh1:

Update, yes I am so just did a copy and paste to the mu-43 :clapping:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013
    I keep micro 4/3rds for its crop factor when I need some reach. I like it a lot and can't bring myself to get rid of it. However the A7R II is simply on another level, but like anything get some great glass, as ordinary glass can/will give you a ordinary file. I like fast glass and love shooting at large apretures...

Sony A7R II, 85mm G Master f/1.6, ISO125, 1/2500sec.
    m-466.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    You're a brave man! Time to get the popcorn and watch the drama unfold! Lol :yahoo:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Great car shots Lucille! I'd imagine if there was ever a nuclear apocalypse, New Mexico would be akin to Mad Max with marauding hot rods going across the deserted waste land! ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    hahaah welcome to the FF club. You have the same bodies I do with the A6000 as my second one although for me it has more limited use until I get a LAEA2 adapter but still, nice to have a back up and one that shoots faster fps than the main one for those times when you need to spray and pray :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    They are being very civil and understanding, no fun at all lol :confused::D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    What?? 43 and M43 are camera systems!!! I thought it was referencer to the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Link?

12. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Yep, disappointing. Only Lucille did an appropriate reaction.

13. sesser

May 21, 2016
    randy
    That's m42. A completely different system. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. sesser

May 21, 2016
    randy
  15. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Sesser had a pretty good reply over there, but at least one (newish) member did not quite get it. :rofl: :cautious:

16. sesser

May 21, 2016
    randy
    ;) right?

Sent from my iPhone using TalkEmount mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. robbie36

robbie36 TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    I am not sure the M43 'crop factor' actually brings much to the table against an A7rii. You can 2x crop the FF sensor down to M43 and still have 10.5mp.

I think that M43 greatest strength is its ability to pack 'very good IQ' into very small cameras. The only M43 camera I have left is the Panasonic LX100 but it really is a very nice camera. Great ergonomics, great lens (24-70 f1.8-2.8) and in a tiny package.

19. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I've settled for a 1" sensor camera for my "backup," the Sony RX100II. It performs nearly as well as my old µ4/3 Panasonics (my last one was the GX1), and really does fit in a pocket. If I'm going to be schlepping around a camera bag, I'm not inclined to settle for any less IQ than I can afford. And even if they are somewhat lighter and smaller, µ4/3 cameras are still big enough to require a bag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013

That is true but the image is still different when using a longer focal length in combination with the 2x crop factor, but yes the A7R II files can be cropped rather heavy and still have outstanding quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.