Showcase Bushnell 28mm 1:2.8 MD mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by jeffreythree, Jun 10, 2018.

1. jeffreythree

jeffreythree TalkEmount Rookie

May 21, 2018
    I have had this lens since inheriting my grandfather's photo equipment. Big, heavy, build quality/feel is excellent, but the optics do not live up to those expectations. Mine looks to be better optically than some examples out there. All taken with my A3000 using a Fotasy Minolta MD to NEX adapter, straight out of the camera set to standard aperture priority.

@f4, the f2.8 was real soft and bokeh was busy enough to make you dizzy.
    DSC00351.JPG
    f5.6?, forget which, focus is on left flower
    DSC00366.JPG
    f5.6 you can really see how it degrades towards the edges in this one.
    DSC00367.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Bushnell didn't manufacture their own lenses. They were OEMed by third party Japanese suppliers. They did source lenses from Tokina as one of them. If your 28mm f/2.8 is a Tokina, it should yield pretty decent performance. You should see edge sharpness by f/8-10.
    If it's making you dizzy at f/2.8, there is a possibility it's de-centered. But keep in mind, lenses of that era were not that good wide open like today.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    A usable lens if you don't need it to be stopped down to far :) 

4. jeffreythree

jeffreythree TalkEmount Rookie

May 21, 2018
    Sadly, it stays the same at all apertures. I use that to my advantage with the occasional portrait and flower shot, but usually I just play with it when thinking about my grandfather. Oh, and it is not decentered. The bokeh and the glowy softness just get out of hand wide open.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.