1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Broken links

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bimjo, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Well, I switched web hosts after 15+ years. Wasn't particularly unhappy with my host, but they switched to a new system and broke my email. My contract was due for renewal, so I looked around and found a new host with a reasonably comparable set up for ΒΌ the price. No brainer actually.

Unfortunately it hasn't been all smooth sailing during the transition. My email is still spotty because the nameserver change hasn't taken three times. It seems like it may finally be working now though.

On the web side, the new host was supposed to move my site lock, stock & barrel & that didn't happen, so now I have to reload it manually. Since I was going to change the site anyway that's not entirely a bad thing. Just a PITA.

The real downer was losing 10 years of forum photo posts (still have them, just gotta reload). Until that happens all my photo links are broken. I apologize for the inconvenience, unless you didn't like my work, in which case you are blessed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I was reading some old threads from the beggining of the forum and I noticed that. Bummer :(
    Thanks for letting us know

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Ok, looks like we're back in business. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    OK then, now that that's done, how about posting some new pix? :)

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Yeah, it's on my list of things-to-do. Gotta get the web page sorted first. :)