1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bridge perspective

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Kiwi Paul, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    A7Rii +28 f2.0

Paul

24438218004_80dd5b52e5_b.

• Like Like x 7
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice

• Like Like x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Great perspective and love the texture on the wood steps ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Paul, I'm enjoying your photos here and on your flickr. I'm curious and have to ask why you are not shooting some of these shots at lower ISO.

5. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    Thanks fractal.
    I mainly shoot handheld and use the shutter speed and aperture required to get the shot. I'll use the lowest shutter speed I dare if the light is low, but to achieve the required dof a certain minimum aperture is required, in that case I have to use whatever ISO is required to get the shot.
    From my experience I'm happy using fairly high ISO's, generally I find the quality is fine and noise is not really a problem. Shooting m43 has benefits where you get twice the dof of field for a given aperture compared to full frame so can use a larger aperture (smaller numerical value) and a lower ISO accordingly, but now I'm shooting full frame too, I need to use smaller apertures to achieve the same dof and that means higher ISO, but with the A7ii and now the A7Rii high ISO's are not an issue, I'd not even think twice shooting up to 6400 ISO.

Paul

6. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    thanks for the reply Paul! I wasn't sure if it had something to do with "stacking". I was impressed with the low level of noise on some of your higher ISO shots.

Keep them coming. :thumbup:

7. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    Cheers Fractal,

here's one I took yesterday with my new A7Rii + Zeiss 55 f1.8, 6400 ISO, 1/40 sec, f11

I'm impressed with the camera, very high contrast scene but no blown highlights even at 6400.

RAW, processed in LR CC.

24981626401_aecba7c0bf_b.

• Like Like x 3