1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Utah with 2 Rokkor lenses and SEL55210 with 1.7 TC

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by shaolin95, Sep 10, 2013.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Greetings!

I got an awesome deal for a Minolta x-570 with Auto 200x flash and MD 50mm 1.4 plus a bag! :D
    The lens has some smudge on a side but all my testing I do not see it affecting the image.
    In any case, I will post a pic if someone knows how to clean it.
    So I couldnt help but stop by the Bridal Veil Falls in Provo as it was on my way, and take some test pics.
    I did some handheld shots with the Rokkor 300mm 4.5 as well, like the one with the 2 dancing girls but dont remember which one is which...I know for sure the closest ones are with the SEL55210 witch TC of course. :D
    Hope you like them...it was not intended to be a real photo session but I like the results.
    m11. m10. m8. m7. m6. n5. m4. m3. M2. mountain.

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Beautiful scenery!!! I've always liked waterfall shots - nice work ;)

3. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    Thanks amigo!
    Now I need to man up and climb up there :D
    Do they look over sharpened? It does not look like that on my end but when I post them here the sharpening seems too strong. Just wondering. :)

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I guess its a matter of personal preference - I myself like the stong sharpening :)

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Those are very nice. I think there is a Bridal Veil falls in every state that has waterfalls. :)

6. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    ahaha you are probably right! :)
    I am planning to go up there and take some pics...if I find the path to be safe for a not so brave climber :D
    Also when it freezes on Winter it should be nice to get those pics too.