I went to install the firmware update (1.02 to 1.03), and everything went along swimmingly. I was on OSX Mavericks - the update downloaded to my computer as expected and the start of the process was just fine. About 75% of the way through the update (according to the progress bar), the update program told me that the process had been aborted and that I needed to remove the battery from the camera, turn it off and on again, and restart the update software. I did this several times with the same result. Each time the process stopped, it was clear that the computer could communicate with the camera (if I didn't remove the battery, the update software couldn't find the camera, but when I did remove the battery, it was fine). After the initial attempt at updating, however, the camera looked to be dead - no response to any user input - despite the fact that it could communicate with the computer under the right circumstances. I attempted to do the update using a Windows 8 computer, and had zero luck getting the computer to recognize the camera at all. As of yesterday, the camera is on its way to Sony (I took it to my local pro shop to get it sent in). The local shop is expecting it to be covered by warranty based on when I bought it, but we shall see. I'm not sure what went wrong. When I updated from 1.01 to 1.02, I had some difficulty using my Mac Pro and my MacBook Air, but I got it to work after a couple of attempts. When I get the NEX back, I'll update the a7, but I think I'll just start out using the Windows machine. Just thought I'd share my experience.