Brain off, camera on

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Poki, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I don't know. Neither why I headed out shooting tonight (the weather was soo bad ...) nor why I went to this awkward place where I was not supposed to be at this time of the day, nor did I know what I do when pressing the shutter button ... I'm still quite confused, and I have no clue what exactly I did tonight, but whatever, I'll just post the end result (because a photo forum can never have enough pictures, right?) and go sleep now. Or after a movie.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/48126456@N05/9312406058/" title="Never Alone by Poki5, on Flickr"> 9312406058_9e16340d51_c. "533" height="800" alt="Never Alone"></a>

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Well, perhaps you should leave your brain switched off because this is another awesome pic.

3. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Another awesome shot is right. Is that the 12 Poki? 3 for 3?

In case your brain is still switched off. That's a tree.

4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    No-brainer, beautiful.

5. claude

claude TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Ottawa Canada
    Very, very nice indeed.

6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yup, once again you nailed it :thumbup:

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Love how you do your skies! :cool:

8. Hypocaffeinic

Hypocaffeinic TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Qld, Australia
    I do think much photography is over-thought and planned, there's nothing like easy spontaneity for producing some surprising results! Many things tend to work out better for me when I don't inject careful thought into the equation.... :S

9. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Thank you all. I'm glad I didn't mess it up totally. And I feel my post processing gets better with every shot - which feels great. :)

@Hypocaffeinic: Yep, spontanity is something beautiful. It's something that you should always be open to. Although I still think the absolutely best photos out there are the carefully planned and executed ones.