1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bracketing tools

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by alaios, Sep 25, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi all,
    which of the nex alpha cameras can be used as real bracketing tools? My nex camera in bracketing mode only takes three shots with 0.7 ev which is very limiting. I can still shoot hdr with 6 shots but this only gives jpeg files and not raw files that I can process my self.

At the same time my body does not allow any remote control and thus even if I use a tripo for doing the bracketing shoots manually, I would always introduce movement as I try to change the shutter speed....

What d we have in the arsenal?

Regards
    A

2. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    Which body do you have exactly?

3. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    A don't know which body you have, but my 5T will allow for +/- 2.0 EV auto bracketing. You are still limited to 3 exposures automatically. You are correct about the remote control if you are using and IR remote. As for your point about movement with manual adjustments, I would say if you are using a stable tripod, making ev adjustments should not cause significant movement. At least none that cannot be handled by your bracketing software. If this really is an issue, and you have a smartphone or tablet, you can install the Sony remote app. That app will allow you to change camera settings and fire the shutter without going near the camera.

• Like Like x 1
  4. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    thanks for the answer. So the solution seems to be then the remote app.

5. mattia

mattia TalkEmount Regular

Dec 13, 2013
    A7r

Sent from my iPhone using TalkEmount