• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

'Bouncing The Internal F3 Flash With The SEL50F18'

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Great product shot! When you say "bounce" did you use a card to reflect the flash upward towards the ceiling or does the F3 flash tilt upward??

Halka

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ľubomír Brindza
It has to be held down IIRC. Not sure whether SONY designed it with this capability in mind :)

RT_Panther

TalkEmount Veteran
It has to be held down IIRC. Not sure whether SONY designed it with this capability in mind :)

Quite a few Micro Four Thirds bodies with in-camera flashes have this capability to which I'm confident Sony is aware of.....:)

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
I just love the second shot. And yes the built-in flash is very, very good, if I didn't need to bounce off walls for vertical shots, I would not bother with an external unit.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Wow, that wooden soldier shot... amazing clarity. The overlapping circular gleams are so interesting!

What lens did you use? Was that the SEL50 as well?

RT_Panther

TalkEmount Veteran
Wow, that wooden soldier shot... amazing clarity. The overlapping circular gleams are so interesting!

What lens did you use? Was that the SEL50 as well?

Yup - Gotta love those "circles of confusion"....:cool:
Used the SEL50F18 for both shots...

Latest posts

Top Bottom