1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Bought the A7 refurbished + kit lens for $1500

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by sonicbuffalo, Aug 8, 2014.

1. sonicbuffalo

sonicbuffalo TalkEmount Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    North Carolina
    Chris
    I think I got a good deal....according to exif data, it only had 62 clicks on it. Might as well say brand new! Love it so far!

Actually $1381....redid the math.....geat deal.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    Congrats Chris on landing a "great" deal! :)

Please share some shots with us

• Like Like x 1
  3. sonicbuffalo

Aug 7, 2014
    North Carolina
    Chris
    I wanted to shoot some today but it's raining...bummer....maybe tomorrow. I want to see what it'll do with a kit lens. How do you use your Nikon glass...metabones adapter? If so, do you have any AF or anything?

4. dragion

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    That sucks about the rain...you can still try to take some creative shots(?)
    I have the Fotodiox Pro adapter and none of the Nikon adapters have AF...at least mine has the ability to adjust aperture with the G lenses.

14847233906_b2b032d9d3_h.
    Fotodiox Pro NIK(G) - NEX Lens Adapter by dragioniii, on Flickr

5. sonicbuffalo

Aug 7, 2014
    North Carolina
    Chris
    Hi Dragion.....just wondering why you chose a Sony over a Fuji? It seems like a lot of poeple are going to Fuji.....but I really wanted the full frame, and some of the pictures I've seen from the NEX line have been brlliant. I am hoping that holds true also with the A7. And you?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. dragion

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    My Reason....

I feel that the only advantage to the Fuji system was their quantity/quality of lenses.
    After the Sony A6000 was released, the superior AF and video performance was the key to my purchase.

I knew that Sony would later build their line of lenses and will have what I need to complete their e-mount collection.
    I think I have achieved that...almost. Still waiting on the 85mm & maybe a 90-105mm macro.

Coming from Nikon, I really liked the Sony sensors that was utilized and wanted a similar result.

I do not consider myself a "Sony ******", but I do currently own several Sony products including my Xperia Z1S & Viao Duo 13.
    I feel that Sony is the "NEW" Apple...and I worked for Apple. ;)