1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bought a Nikkor 105mm f2,5 AI today

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Peyk, May 6, 2015.

1. Peyk

Peyk New to TalkEmount

Jan 27, 2015
    Hi everbody,

I bought a Bought a Nikkor 105mm f2,5 AI today. I used this lens a lot in the late 80's but I never expected it to be so good on a modern digital camera. It looks a little ridiculous with the hood attached but damn it's sharp. And cheap too :)

Here is what it looks like on my A7II:

Here is to quick portraits shot handheld with avaliable light:

• Like Like x 7
  2. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    Let it continue looking ridiculous on the camera, the shots are worth it.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  3. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    That is very nice lens and cheap too. I have Tamron 105mm/2.5 that I like a lot and if I haven't got it I would get this one.

4. greywater

greywater TalkEmount Regular

Sep 28, 2014
    Great lookin' kid.

5. tokayto

tokayto TalkEmount Regular

May 25, 2014
    I have the same lens also and I still cant bealive that this lens is so damn sharp. I tested so many lenses but this is the sharpest manual lens i have ever had. I wonder how does perform the Ais version.

6. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    If I remember correctly the optical scheme changed in the early life of that lens but haven't changed after it (no reason, the lens is great).

I don't know about optics enough but I think that this lens is related to double Gauss or at least to principle that symmetry removes most of geometrical aberrations.

7. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

Congrats! That's been of my favorite Nikon lenses back in the day. I guess it looks more at home on an F2 but so what.

8. pbizarro

pbizarro TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    Portugal
    When I was looking for a portrait lens for my A7II, this is one lens I considered. I even saw one in my local camera shop, on the used section. The owner was asking 350 Euros for it, which seemed to me excessive. So I ended up with a Leica Tele Elmarit 90 2.8, smaller, which I wanted.

The Nikkor lens is still unsold in the camera shop...