Boston and its record breaking winter!

Discussion in 'Nature' started by christian, Mar 11, 2015.

1. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Hello guys!

It's been a while since I last posted here. Last time was about my picture stolen by a cosmetic company. I'm currently negotiating with the CEO who's in Mexico. This venture belongs to a company in Florida. Anyway, it's good to come back here. I understand there must have a lot of new members on the forum. So for those who don't know me yet, I haven't been posting a lot because I moved last November from Paris, France, to Boston, MA. The move took a lot of time, then I registered to a Harvard course, I found a job etc etc.
    As I also write for the website iLHP, this was my priority during the little free time I had.
    I remember having said in mid-December that the winter was quite warm so far. Well, things changed and it became the snowiest winter in the history of Boston. As you also probably know we got some very low temperatures too. What were the odds to have such an incredible winter for my first months in the US? Seriously? HA HA
    I love snow after-all, so it was really fun going out shooting and the job I found is at 10 minutes walking from my apartment so I didn't care about the problems with the T.
    I could not not write something about this winter. It was very interesting photographically speaking!
    So here is an article in 2 parts and let me know what you think guys! :)
    Do some of you have survived this winter? LOL Share you pictures!

http://ilovehatephoto.com/2015/03/02/photographing-2015-boston-blizzard-part-1-the-ghost-city/
    http://ilovehatephoto.com/2015/03/1...n-blizzard-part-2-the-artisticmacro-approach/
    _DSC7985-001.JPG _DSC8001.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Christian, your links didn't work when I tried them.

3. christian

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    That's weird, they work for me...

4. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    Howdy neighbor!
    I'm glad that you are back.

Thank you for sharing your articles with us...it was a good read;Thank You! :2thumbs:

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome back. Paris to Boston is quite a move.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Thanks for sharing your adventures. Enjoy Beantown! A fun city once it gets warm. Lived there for 15 years. And not missing the Winters! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  7. dragion

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    • Like Like x 3
  8. christian

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Well, it was my first winter in the US, so far that was fun, but I doubt I'll like the next one even if I like snow. I prefer snow while skiing LOL But Boston's a fun city!

9. christian

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Thank you Dave!

10. christian

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Thank you William for sharing! I especially like the first one! Which lens did you use? The 30mm macro you have?

11. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Title says the 18-105 G :)

Nice to see you back christian and thanks for sharing the photos and article ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. dragion

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    The 18-105mm G shot out my window in the afternoon as the sun was beaming through.

Thanks Nick!

• Like Like x 1
  13. christian

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Oh yeah HA HA Sorry, I was at work, I didn't catch that!
    Thanks Nick!