• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

bokeh test

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Trying out the bokeh on a new-to-me SMC Takumar 55/1.8. I could learn to like it. ;)

Very busy background- framed pictures and a multi-panel mirror.
bokeh111213_01.jpg
NEX-5N    ----       f/1.0    1/10s    ISO 100

Varied light sources- tungsten lamp, bright white tree lights and window light on the wall.
bokeh111213_02.jpg
NEX-5N    ----       f/1.0    1/60s    ISO 320

And just to be totally weird- a bokeh xmas tree.
bokeh111213_03.jpg
NEX-5N    ----       f/1.0    1/4s    ISO 100

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim

storyteller

TalkEmount Veteran
Thanks guys, it's really a joy to be able to use some of these old lenses with the 5N. I had a heck of a time focusing manually with a dslr.

I feel the same way. I loved my pentax SLR but my NEX is a revelation with legacy lenses. I do wish I could put the focus assist button at the top though . . . </quibble>

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
Thanks guys, it's really a joy to be able to use some of these old lenses with the 5N. I had a heck of a time focusing manually with a dslr.

I have a dslr too, and the nex is perfect with manually lenses, better than my canon 7d...

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I feel the same way. I loved my pentax SLR but my NEX is a revelation with legacy lenses. I do wish I could put the focus assist button at the top though . . . </quibble>

I still have my K20, though I haven't had it out of the bag since I got the 5N. I keep it because it will still do some things the 5N can't. Eventually it'll go though I'm sure.

I put focus assist on the right side of the wheel, that seems to work pretty well, you might try it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom