bokeh test

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Trying out the bokeh on a new-to-me SMC Takumar 55/1.8. I could learn to like it. ;)

Very busy background- framed pictures and a multi-panel mirror.
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

Varied light sources- tungsten lamp, bright white tree lights and window light on the wall.

And just to be totally weird- a bokeh xmas tree.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

storyteller

TalkEmount Veteran
Thanks guys, it's really a joy to be able to use some of these old lenses with the 5N. I had a heck of a time focusing manually with a dslr.
I feel the same way. I loved my pentax SLR but my NEX is a revelation with legacy lenses. I do wish I could put the focus assist button at the top though . . . </quibble>

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
Thanks guys, it's really a joy to be able to use some of these old lenses with the 5N. I had a heck of a time focusing manually with a dslr.
I have a dslr too, and the nex is perfect with manually lenses, better than my canon 7d...

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I feel the same way. I loved my pentax SLR but my NEX is a revelation with legacy lenses. I do wish I could put the focus assist button at the top though . . . </quibble>
I still have my K20, though I haven't had it out of the bag since I got the 5N. I keep it because it will still do some things the 5N can't. Eventually it'll go though I'm sure.

I put focus assist on the right side of the wheel, that seems to work pretty well, you might try it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom