1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Black or silver lens

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by allofthelights, Sep 6, 2011.

1. allofthelights

allofthelights TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 6, 2011
    Hi

At the moment Sony offers the 5 and 3-series of bodies in black and silver, and the 7-series in black only. The lenses are (for the most part) only offered in one colour though, either black or silver. Black seems to be reserved for "pro" lenses (CZ, G). The exception to this is the "exclusive" kit lens offered with the Nex 7, normally silver, black with the Nex 7.

If you had the choice, would you have preferred lenses in the same colours as the bodies? I'm not talking the more exotic white bodies, but the main bblack/silver ones. Personally I would prefer to see an all-black setup: black body, black lens, black EVF, black flash.

2. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Black for me. Uhm, black and White are not colours there shades.

Cheers, Macjim.

3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I have a black NEX-5 and would love to have black lenses too. But the silver ones don't look as ugly as I was afraid of on the black body, and I kinda like the separation of pro-lenses with the color. That said, I can't afford any pro lens and really hope to get good quality with the 30 and 50mm silver lenses, just to be even happier with a black 35mm zeiss in the future. :)