Bisbee or Bust

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by SpaceManSpiff, Jan 14, 2015.

1. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    A little the before the holidays, I had a severe case of cabin fever and needed a little trip to clear the air. Together with a couple of friends, we headed to Bisbee (,_Arizona) a funky old mining town near the Mexican border. I had a great day --explored, chatted with people, ate good food, and laughed --just what the doctor ordered. :frog: I used the Sigma 30 or the SEL50 for most of the day.

Wr got the update on the clean-up of the mine from this gentleman. Taken with SEL50

His buddy drew of sketch me while we were swapping stories. Also taken with the SEL50

After lunch we poked around greater Bisbee and popped in to a museum that had just recently re-opened. The hostess insisted we go upstairs to look at the waffle irons. I didn't think it was all that :rolleyes:...but thought that these ladies boots were more interesting.

This cherry styleside Ford F-100 really caught my eye. This is another shot taken with the SEL50

Thanks to a friend who met us, I had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see some amazing/historical road race bicycles. I don't have any good pictures from this :grey:. I do hope to return and be able to shoot a couple of the bikes under more favorable conditions.

During the golden hour we explored the Lowell district. Again, the vintage cars really spoke to me. All taken with the Sigma30 near WO.

Fill 'er up.

Lowell Life

Last Load

Thanks for stopping by!
    • Like Like x 11
  2. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Wow, thanks for posting. Some great shots of what looks like an interesting little town.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkEmount
    • Like Like x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Have not bern there for a while. Always good for a day trip.

Thanks for sharing
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Really nice series, Eric.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Love the SEL 50 1.8.

Nice work!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SpaceManSpiff

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks for the kind words, guys! I enjoyed the various architectural styles but didn't really manage to capture anything particularly well. Some interesting stuff here and there, off the beaten path (away from the obligatory art galleries). Next time I am going to have try to capture those courthouse doors and more structures.

I like the atmosphere there, more open less...stodgy, than some parts of Arizona. Full of character.

Screaming Banshee Pizza for the win!

Been enjoying the SEL50 and its signature (it can exaggerate the shadows in high contrast situations) lately.
  7. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Love this photo :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SpaceManSpiff

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks Nick! I really like how this one turned out with only the streetlights as contemporary give-aways. This was probably the one I spent the most time on in PP. I enjoyed taking this shot because on an earlier road trip I had found an abandoned car in a dry creek bed of the same year and model (1946-1948 Chrysler Windsor) as this one!