Bird in environment shots

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
A bird against the sky can be a bit meh.
Here's some images of Swamp Harriers in their environment that hint at a story.

Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

It cruises low over grassland ready to grab a variety of small creatures and even eggs.

Dawn patrol.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Funny, as I lay in bed this morning, listening to the mimuspolyglotusleucopterus that woke me up at 3AM, I thought to myself "I should put my 300mm Nikkor on my A7iii and see if I can get a shot of that bird". But then I realized I'd have to up at the time it was out and that's not going to happen anytime soon I don't think. Maybe I'll try and catch it in the afternoon...
This is just a round about way of saying I appreciate the effort it takes to get these great pictures.

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. Kind of you to say.

There's a bit of magic and some awe being present at the birth of a new day. It's no effort getting up for it.

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
Thanks. Kind of you to say.

There's a bit of magic and some awe being present at the birth of a new day. It's no effort getting up for it.
Ahem, no 'extra', effort.

Maybe not for getting up, but certainly in your patience for such images.. Thank you for sharing! Beautiful!

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
For a good portion of my working life I was getting up at 3:30 every morning, mainly to beat the traffic so I didn't have to spend over an hour getting to work. My days of getting up early are done, even for catching birds.
Thanks for sharing your pics with us. Your efforts on all fronts are appreciated.

MWhite

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, they're striking birds.
Down under the 'swampies' get shy as they grow into adulthood. If they see you from a distance they'll do a u-turn.
By 'meh' I was talking about birds against a plain sky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom