Binning on NEX-7

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Vorkhosdn, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Vorkhosdn

Vorkhosdn TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 22, 2011
    Hi all. I'm designing a downsample algorithm that works directly on the bayer pattern and I would like to compare my early results with the quality achieved by the binning conversion on the NEX. So I was wondering if there are some 12 or 6mpx NEX-7 RAW files already available for download. Has anybody seen them on the net? Thanks!

2. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    I haven't seen any NEX-7 RAW files yet, but I'll be interested in seeing your final results.

I plan to use the native 24mp image files most of the time, but there will be times when I have to edit hundreds of photos from an event or wedding and 300+ images at 24mp resolution will bring my PCs to a crawl (and I have FAST PCs).

For me, I plan to do my initial edits in CS5 using ACR and (if I'm working on a ton of files from a shoot) then I'll resize the images to a lower-resolution (12mp?) in ACR and save as JPEG for my final edits ... that way I don't kill my PCs working with 24-megapixel images.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.