1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Binning on NEX-7

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Vorkhosdn, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Vorkhosdn

Vorkhosdn TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 22, 2011
    Hi all. I'm designing a downsample algorithm that works directly on the bayer pattern and I would like to compare my early results with the quality achieved by the binning conversion on the NEX. So I was wondering if there are some 12 or 6mpx NEX-7 RAW files already available for download. Has anybody seen them on the net? Thanks!

2. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    I haven't seen any NEX-7 RAW files yet, but I'll be interested in seeing your final results.

I plan to use the native 24mp image files most of the time, but there will be times when I have to edit hundreds of photos from an event or wedding and 300+ images at 24mp resolution will bring my PCs to a crawl (and I have FAST PCs).

For me, I plan to do my initial edits in CS5 using ACR and (if I'm working on a ton of files from a shoot) then I'll resize the images to a lower-resolution (12mp?) in ACR and save as JPEG for my final edits ... that way I don't kill my PCs working with 24-megapixel images.