1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Big New US Sony Deals are Here!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Hawkman, Feb 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Saw this on SAR, and they have links there to the respective stores. You could, of course, use the TalkEmount links to the respective stores to benefit this forum if you choose to get in on one or more of these deals.

Full list of the brand new Sony camera and lens savings (First price drop on the superb 12-24mm FE). - sonyalpharumors

Up to US$500 off on E-mount camera bodies/kits. Most notably, the A7 Mark II body is a whopping $500 off its "regular" $1598 price, bringing it down to just US$1098, which I believe is a record low for a stabilized E-mount body, full-frame OR APS-C. Oh, and the original A7 is down to $798. The other discounts seem more in line with the usual ones.

I wonder if this means the A7 Mark III is coming sooner rather than later... like by CP+ or before?

• Like Like x 3
  2. firemist

firemist TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 4, 2015
    Most likely Sony is trying to boost sales before March 31 when their fiscal year ends.

3. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    I'm happy and annoyed at the same time because I just bought a used a7RII. It was in mint condition and would still be a cheaper but if it were going to be this close, I would have pulled the trigger for a brand new one with a warranty. Sony you're killing me. :doh:

• Wow Wow x 1
  4. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    That's a great price for a new A7 II! I wouldn't mind a new A7 III, with all the bells-n-whistles of an A7RIII, but with 24mp which is the file size I prefer to work with, but I wonder what price they'll introduce that camera at?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jeep Captain

Jeep Captain TalkEmount Regular

Dec 31, 2017
    Northwest Indiana
    Jeff
    yep. two days after I bought an A7II

EDIT: I bought a NEW A7II from Amazon at $100 less than I paid for the USED one from KEH. I've not yet recieved the first one ordered and can cancel it tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  6. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    Did you buy new? You can try for a price adjustment depending where you bought it from?

7. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    Thanks for the heads up! Now, come on Canada!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.