• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Big Mitts Unite

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
While I was reviewing the 7R3, before purchasing, one of the more popular comments was that the ergonomics were lacking because of the small grip area. I understand this was improved with the 7R4. I have pretty big hands and, while I never really noticed it with my 7R2, a better grip would be a plus. I bought the 7R3 (for better AF) and then found the SmallRig L-Bracket. I like L-brackets and have them on all my cameras. The SmallRig offers a heftier grip area and as it turns out, it is perfect for my hand. The grip is much more positive and secure. So, for those of you A73 and A7R3 owners with big mitts, check out SmallRig.

2122C-1__82756.1598252595.jpg
   ---            

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
I personally never have had an issue with the smaller size of the grips, coming from the APS-C side of the E-Mount. I've never felt a time when I am gonna drop my camera.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Small Rig probably makes the best in value and quality, L-brackets. The added thickness on the bottom makes for greatly improved ergonomics.
I like L-brackets too, and have dedicated generic ones on my a6000 and a7II. That little bit of added finger rest makes a difference in comfort. I live with the added weight and size gladly.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
My recently purchased eBay A7RIV came with a Meike grip, and though I’ve never felt the need for a larger grip, I did give it a try. But I don’t have big mitts, so it offers little advantage to me. And when mounted it makes it harder to squeeze the camera into any of my favorite camera bags. So I doubt that it will get much use, especially when I have to unclip the battery compartment door and mount it to the grip every time I want to use it, which will likely lead to the door’s early demise. Maybe it will be a welcome addition when I’m shooting with the Sigma 100-400 lens. But otherwise, I bet it will gather dust along with all of my other camera accessories that get used once every blue moon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom