Bicentennial Conservatory Adelaide South Australia.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Simsy, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    So today I was out and about trying to get the hang of my nex f3, we dropped into the conservatory for a look as we haven't been there for a number of years.

Anyway this is my take on an unusual building.

DSC00388.

DSC00386.

DSC00379.

DSC00378.

and this is whats inside

DSC00384.

DSC00383.

DSC00382.

DSC00380.

That's the first time I have tried to do any different angles of a building any tips will be appreciated.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Nice perspective on the 3rd pic. What's the weather like there today? It's not too bad here at the moment, but we're heading towards a scorcher this Friday

3. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    25.8 with scattered clouds tomorrow is going to be sunny and 34 so you guys can look forward to a couple cooler days coming. Don't you usually get our weather a few days after us. I haven't really tried to do that type of photo b4 but that building really lends itself to it so I thought I would give it a go. That 3rd pic just happens to be my favorite as well, its a pitty about the conservatory really apparently they are struggling to pay their bill's.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Ah, that's sad, we got the same situation here with some of the historical buildings.

It's gonna be around mid 20's tomorrow, then we're looking at 37-40 come Friday, then back to mid 20's on the weekends.

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Nice series of an interesting building. The third one may be the best of the bunch, but I rather like the fourth one as well. :)

6. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Cool building, very nice pics Simsy!

Just wondering, is that conservatory open at night time? If they have exterior/interior lighting, that setting might be a good subject for some twilight/night photography!

7. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    Unfortunately no they close at 5pm I have never looked to see if its lit at night also its inside the Botanic Gardens so I wouldn't be able to get close to it at night either.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice shots, if a bit harsh on the light.