1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Best way to update firmware on A6400

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Richard Crowe, Jun 13, 2019 at 3:00 PM.

1. Richard Crowe

Richard Crowe TalkEmount Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 14, 2018
    The long awaited Animal Eye-AF firmware has become available from Sony for the A6400...

I have heard that there are some problems in updating these cameras. Could someone please point me to a valid set of instructions on how to update my A6400...

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Richard Crowe

Richard Crowe TalkEmount Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 14, 2018
    Thank you - this is just what I was looking for... I updated and it works great. I will say that the Canon system of downloading the firmware to a memory card and then letting the camera update itself after installing the newly updated memory card is easier (for me at least) than the Sony method of updating directly from the computer via the USB cable...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 3:20 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.