Best setting for consistantly focus shots

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by adwb, Jul 18, 2016.

1. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Using a A7r2 what is the the best setting for consistantly in focus shots that don't require constant checking after every shot , not dmf that's for sure those red, yellow or white , highlights and the confirmation beep do not seem to mean that you can accept focus is correct and need checking after every shot.
    Never had this problem with any pentax body, a beep meant what it meant, focus was confirmed.

I'm only photgraphing static vehicles , it's really not a challenge for a auto focus system, or it should not be.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    :hmmm: My experience with the A7R2 is that autofocus is simply bang-on. For static subjects I use single-shot AF, flexible spot medium size or small size and I hardly ever check if I missed focus. I have to add I only have native AF lenses. When using MF with legacy glass I use the magnified view with the largest magnification, with peaking set to Low; even using peaking I can't focus reliably without magnified view except for some lenses that just give the right amount of peaking (not too much).
    • Agree Agree x 2