Best Comfy Neck Strap For NEX

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ilovenex, May 18, 2013.

1. ilovenex

ilovenex TalkEmount Regular

Feb 14, 2013
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    I've used the Optech with a dslr. It's about as comfortable as you can get hanging a camera around your neck (I hate neck straps personally). It has a bit of stretch, so it will/does absorb some shock.

I found that I used the two connector ends coupled together as a impromptu wrist strap more than anything else, but that really wouldn't work with a NEX body.
  3. radimere

radimere TalkEmount Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    Given the light weight of the NEX any strap with thickness and width will prove to be a hindrance (not to mention overkill), especially when you're stuffing your kit into a camera bag. I still swear by this:

Artisan&Artist* Straps

It's thin, but you're only hanging a 500g weight off it, so it's still very comfy to wear.
  4. videojesse

videojesse New to TalkEmount

May 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I've got a black rapids strap I used to use with a canon 60d. It worked well for that am because it was so bit and bulky. It's overkill for the nex 6. I've been looking into this new one from joby. Looks pretty versatile.
  5. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
  6. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    Just get a strap from an old camcorder. Someone you know probably has one laying around... Mine even says "Sony" on it. These were sturdy but not too bulky. Attaching an oversized strap to a Nex is defeating the purpose of having a small camera, in a way.
  7. Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    I have been using a Singapore Slim from Crumpler for a while now. It's very comfortable to the point that you forget that you are carrying a camera. It's quite adjustable, has a pocket for batteries or memory cards and I think it looks good too.

It may not be necessary if you are using a small Sony pancake lens with your NEX, but once you start lugging legacy lenses with heavy metal and glass, it's great.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    You want this guy. It is designed to contour around your neck.