• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

BenQ Monitors

lew

TalkEmount Regular
New brand? Looks like best bang for the buck, but I've no experience with them. I like the glossy screen, but can anyone share their experiences?

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
No, BenQ has been around for a while. IIRC, it's a subsidiary of Acer. I was never a fan of Acer LCDs for photography as they looked terrible. But that was 15 years ago. These days, BenQ seems to get a lot of online endorsement from photographers. Thomas Heaton uses them.

• Informative
Reactions: lew

sapoeijoek

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Edwin
New brand? Looks like best bang for the buck, but I've no experience with them. I like the glossy screen, but can anyone share their experiences?
This brand is popular in Asia and Europe. I used this brand back home in the Netherlands around 2005 (mostly for gaming, and some photoshop). Actually, it was better than Samsung, and Dell at least that time.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: lew

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
BenQ has an excellent reputation for their higher-end monitors for creative work. I've been considering a new monitor and they are high on my preliminary list. They do tend to be pricey, though.

WNG: they used to be part of Acer but were spun off a number of years ago.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I replaced a Samsung general purpose video monitor with a BenQ 22" monitor several years ago; mainly for Photoshop work but, for general Net surfing and YouTube movie watching also. It has functioned wonderfully. Color and brightness has always been correct. I would not hesitate to get another BenQ if my present monitor dies. IMO - it has been worth the price.

-et-

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Tom
I bought a 27 inch BenQ a couple of years ago after doing a lot of research on the web. This convinced me that it would be very good and that doing better would cost a lot more money, which I cannot justify for a hobby.

I have been very satisfied with the purchase, and would not hesitate to again buy a BenQ monitor if I need a replacement.

- Tom -

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I have a BenQ 24 inch. I think it's excellent - of course, it replaced a 15 year old monitor, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
The Sony SEL70350G is a darn nice lens. I am awaiting for a COVID-19 vaccine before I go out shooting pictures again. Then I want to test my Sony SEL70350G against the Sony 70-200mm f/4G lens to see if I could dispense with the 70-200mm... Or, if I were shooting portraits again, I might test the 70-200mm f/4G lens against the Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 lens...

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
I just bought one that reviewed well and was affordable:
Benq PD3200U 32" IPS UHD 4K 3840x2160
to run off a 3200x1800 laptop during lockdown in a temporary residence.
It was important to have a factory-calibrated monitor as my calibration tool is at home.
I'm still learning the thing. Its functionality depends in part on what the laptop can output and that may need an upgrade to Win 10.
The IQ is clearly better than my cheap ASUS at home.
IQ as a TV is pretty ordinary as you'd expect with 4K resolution. (There's no TV here so I set the laptop up as a tuner).

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
I just bought one that reviewed well and was affordable:
Benq PD3200U 32" IPS UHD 4K 3840x2160
to run off a 3200x1800 laptop during lockdown in a temporary residence.
It was important to have a factory-calibrated monitor as my calibration tool is at home.
I'm still learning the thing. Its functionality depends in part on what the laptop can output and that may need an upgrade to Win 10.
The IQ is clearly better than my cheap ASUS at home.
IQ as a TV is pretty ordinary as you'd expect with 4K resolution. (There's no TV here so I set the laptop up as a tuner).
To add ...
It's now set up properly as a dual screen, with the editor running on the BENQ and other programs on the laptop screen. This is a great improvement as the laptop screen is only 13".
And as a by the way: my ASUS ProArt monitor was supposed to show 98% of Adobe RGB. A decent calibration tool showed it was displaying only 78% of sRGB which is what I normally work in.

• Agree
Reactions: WNG

Latest posts

Top Bottom