1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Belated Intro, Snkenai

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by snkenai, Jul 10, 2012.

1. snkenai

snkenai TalkEmount Regular

Jan 22, 2012
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Stephen Noel
    I joined several months ago, but I don't think I really introduced myself.

I don't have a NEX as of yet, but am looking more seriously now.
    I've been dabbling in photography, (mostly the gear), for many years, and it is still just a very nice hobby.
    I'm 65 and medically retired from commercial world, (damaged ticker). Mostly mechanics, heavy equipment, trucking and construction.
    I've been a minister since 1965, and still do teaching and preaching part time, as needed, in our local church.
    I take a considerable number of pictures, keep very few, and post almost none.
    Y'all behave now, I'm watchin' you. :D

2. Ray Vardy

Ray Vardy TalkEmount Regular

Welcome Preacher Snkenai :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Welcome!

Goes both ways, we're watchin you too. ;)

4. snkenai

Jan 22, 2012
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Stephen Noel
    Makes things more interesting don't you think? :)

5. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome Steve

Are you planning to move to the NEX for your K20? or using it as a supplementary to it? IMHO it really changes the way you shoot.

Nice to see you around :)

(oh yeah, and I better behave :p )

6. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Welcome Steve,
    be good if could share some photos and hope you get your NEX soon.
    Cheers,
    Paul

7. apotelyt

apotelyt TalkEmount Regular

Jul 8, 2012
    Welcome Steve. I'm also new to the forum and have not got a Nex yet. Hope to get one soon. I just got into m43 about 2 months ago. The images i have seen with the Nex and MF lenses have certainly got my attention. I'm a legacy glass lover..!

8. snkenai

Jan 22, 2012
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Stephen Noel
    K20 has been gone for a while. Now have the E-620 and E-p2. The wife and I are swap/sharing them, while we shake out what really works best for our separate Photographic styles. Neither camera seems to be fast enough for wife and family events. She needs to use live view. I prefer VF. Doing the slow waltz, buying and selling one at a time. Trying to decide which to sell now, to buy a NEX.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    While not being a fan of the touch screen, The NEX 5N IMHO is the best bang for your buck out of the entire line up (I'm not too familiar with the F3, this may require looking into) It works great with both native and adapted lenses, you can choose to shoot with just the live view or shoot with the EVF accessory depending on your prefence. While not being "the fastest" in the market, the NEX as a camera is fairly fast, and focusing with adapted lenses using the peaking feature is VERY FAST. All of the images I have submitted for SiJ (most of them in quite high ISO speeds, in the dark and some with moving subjects) were shot on manual focus and they came out alright and none of them were post processed as well.

I'll be looking forward to your images :)