1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Beautiful weekend for photography, but . . .

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TonyTurley, Aug 25, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    . . . a very important wedding took place yesterday. Seeing as how I was in the wedding party, I decided it was best to leave the Nex home. I didn't want to have to be concerned about its whereabouts, and I didn't want to encumber my wife with it. I should have stuck a P&S in my pocket, but I thought that might be too cumbersome in a tux. You see, I had the privilege of walking our "baby" girl to the stage in her wedding. She had an outdoor wedding on the river, under blue skies and puffy clouds. The stage is on a levee, with a looooong series of steps/seats leading down from street level. The backdrop of river, boats, and trees was beautiful. Long story short, it was a beautiful wedding with a very beautiful young bride and handsome groom. I did get to enjoy a delightful sunset on the drive home, but no pics from me.

Tony

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    1- Congrats to her and you.

2- I was in my brother's wedding. Wife held onto the NEX during the ceremony. She took a few nice ones. I took over once the reception was going.

3. Mathieu Decodts

Mathieu Decodts TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    Something like photographing a family wedding is best left to someone else. Not that you wouldn't do an excellent job (I love your work). It's just a very stressful job and you wouldn't been able to enjoy the wedding. I have done a few weddings professionally and when's it's family it's best left to "another" pro. I much preferred the weddings I did as a stranger. The first wedding I shot as the primary shooter also had my wife and kids in attendance as it was a family member getting married. Absolute nightmare for me, for my wife and 3 little kids! just hope I can find a good photographer who shoots in my candid style for when my 3 kids are getting married! You definitely did the right thing leaving the camera at home, congratulations btw.

4. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks guys. I wasn't planning to be the primary, as she had that lined up already. I had thought about getting a few of my own. In the end I did feel I did the best thing in leaving it home, and just mingling with family and other guests - although I hate being without a camera.

Tony

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Congrats to all parties on the nuptials. :)

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Agreed. I want to enjoy the time, not be the Photographer.

7. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Congrats! And a wise choice IMHO to leave the cameras at home.

8. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Congratulations Tony!!!

9. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks guys. Since I have never done a selfie, here's a shot of me and my beautiful daughter. One of my proudest and happiest moments.

Tony

Attached Files:

10. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Such a handsome couple! :)

11. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well done, be proud

12. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks. I am.

13. dsiglin

dsiglin TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Greenville, SC
    Sounds like a splendid setting for a wedding, congrats to the newly weds and best wishes.

14. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks. It was indeed beautiful.

15. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Looking sharp there Tony.

16. claude

claude TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Ottawa Canada
    You both are looking good. Congratulations!

17. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks Colin. Thanks Claude.