Beach Handball Pan Am Nationals 2018 shot with Sony a9 and FE 90mm lens

Dan Euritt

TalkEmount Veteran
shot wide open, iso100, 1/2500th-1/6400th

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

more photos at:
Beach Handball Pan Am Nationals 2018 shot with Sony a9 and Sony FE 90mm lens

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Great expressions and shots.

I'll have to beg ignorance of this sport. I've heard it mentioned many times but never seen a match

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Awesome action shots and expressions captured. The brilliant images from the FE 90 shows just how versatile the macro lens really is.

Dan Euritt

TalkEmount Veteran
thanks everyone, i didn't know what beach handball was either, this was the first time that i've ever seen it... it's closely related to handball that's played on hard floors, with a net, but the old handball that i remember was where people smacked the ball against a wall, using their hands... with this game, you throw the ball into the net, and you can't cross the goal area limit line, unless you are throwing the ball while jumping, or defending against that... the offensive player that's taking the shot will do a full 360 degree jump/rotation off of the line, it's crazy.

yes the fe90 delivered, at 15fps, who ever heard of a macro lens being used for action sports shooting? i was shocked at the results, because i'd seen claims that it was "slow to focus"... not hardly, lol

fractal

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Chris
thanks everyone, i didn't know what beach handball was either, this was the first time that i've ever seen it... it's closely related to handball that's played on hard floors, with a net, but the old handball that i remember was where people smacked the ball against a wall, using their hands... with this game, you throw the ball into the net, and you can't cross the goal area limit line, unless you are throwing the ball while jumping, or defending against that... the offensive player that's taking the shot will do a full 360 degree jump/rotation off of the line, it's crazy.

yes the fe90 delivered, at 15fps, who ever heard of a macro lens being used for action sports shooting? i was shocked at the results, because i'd seen claims that it was "slow to focus"... not hardly, lol
Dan, RAW or JPEG?

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
Great stuff! This is probably my favorite thing on the Internet this week :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom