Batteries on for a couple of days

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Lensify, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Lensify

Lensify TalkEmount Rookie

Jun 7, 2016
    Kenneth
    Newbie question here:
    Is it ok to keep my a6k with batteries and sd card on? (Camera's turned off of course) thanks guys in advance. Appreciated! Thanks!

2. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    I'm pretty sure they are designed with this use case in mind. I've not had any issues keeping the batteries and SD cards in my cameras at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    That's how most people treat their cameras, I guess, at least I do for the most part. However, you should be aware that Sony cameras tend to drain the batteries slowly even if switched off; my very rough guess is that the battery is drained in a month or so. Therefore I remove the battery from the one camera that usually sits unused for weeks on end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lensify

Jun 7, 2016
    Kenneth
    Ooops now im confused. I usually shoot with three to four days interval. I tend to remove batts and cards every after shooting. But then i thought that the battery's teeth or pin? Will easily lose its shape if i always do that. Same with the card. Hmmm? Thanks !! :)

5. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I replace the battery after each day of shooting by a fully-charged one, apart from replacing empty batteries during shooting. Same for the card, I take it out of the camera after each day and transfer the images on it to my computer; during testing lenses I may take it out up to ten times in one day. Never had any issues so far with Sony cameras. If your concerns would constitute an issue, however remotely, I'm sure it would have popped up on dpreview in some form, but I've never read about it.

[TL;DR]
    Don't worry, you're fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lensify

Jun 7, 2016
    Kenneth
    Thanks a lot! :)))))) yeah since they are made to that i think they will last. thanks a lot :) i appreciate it

• Like Like x 1