1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bag in bag advice needed

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by garethwi, Jun 26, 2015.

1. garethwi

garethwi TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    Netherlands
    Gareth
    I have two camera bags, a crumpled for walking around day to day, and a Vanguard Up-Rise II for excursions.

Both bags work perfectly for storing the camera and lenses, but all the smaller accessories (cables, remotes, filters, batteries, etc) are a mess. I want a bag which keeps all that stuff tidy, but no camera shops seem to sell such a thing.

So, my question is; what do you guys use as a bag in your bag for your small stuff?

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    All my bags have space for the small stuff I carry, but if I was looking for a bag-in-bag I'd look at something like a small Crumpler Haven. I bought one to carry my 5N with 18-55 & 55-210 lenses in my work bag so I wouldn't need to carry two bags. There are other bags similar to the Haven. Check around, I'm sure you can something that will work.

If you don't need padding in the small bag your choices expand exponentially. Look for organizer bags at office supply stores and the like. :)

3. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

You'll find all sorts of those bags at outdoor/hiking stores. I bought my last real camera bag 25 years ago and never really used it, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I'm a fan of Lowepro bags and they usually have lots of pouches and such for storing small stuff, I've never felt the need to get separate bags for those.

• Like Like x 1
  5. garethwi

garethwi TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    Netherlands
    Gareth
    I always buy the wrong stuff :(. I'll have a look what my local Hema has for sale.