Bag for NEX7 + 2 lenses?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by RAWFA, Aug 31, 2012.

1. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    Hi,

I´ve been using a small crumpler camera bag for my NEX5N. I usually take the NEX5N with the 16mm and a 23mm (or sometimes I replace one of these by a 50mm). Additionally I take like 3 extra batts, a cleaning cloth and extra sd cards. I´ve always felt the NEX5N fit a bit crammed in there. Now that I´ve got a significantly bigger NEX7 I want to get a bag that will allow me to fit all of this more comfortably. One key thing for me is that I ONLY use bags that don´t look like camera bags.

Anyway, suggestions will be welcome.

2. mikecoffee

mikecoffee TalkEmount Regular

Jul 22, 2012
    I use a kata 466-DL back pack and carry 5 lens, body and my laptop, the water proof cover has been a life saver.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    I was actually looking for something like a DOMKE F-5X but JUST a bit smaller.

4. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
  5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I have a off-brand version of it. It easily holds a 5N with 18-55, the 55-210 and the 16 in the main bag. Room for a couple of batteries/the small flash etc. in the pocket. SD cards & a remote in the flap pockets. I put the 55-210 horizontal in the bottom of the bag with a divider over it. There's a small pocket inside on the back that the 16 fits in with a divider over it for padding, leaving the rest of the bag for the cam/kit lens. Not fast access, but you can leave the EVF on and still get it in the bag ok. Can't snap the flap closed loaded that way though, so I do the zipper & let the flap flop.

There is some padding. You can actually get quite a lot in it if you don't put the flap down & just zip it closed. You could thread your belt through the loops on the back and use it as a belt pack if you wanted.

It doesn't scream "camera bag", which is a good thing. I'd spray it with some kind of water repellent spray if you plan on going anywhere rainy/wet. It has been replaced by my Inverse, but since I don't do neckstraps I'll use if if all I'm taking is the camera/kit lens. This bag is now a place to carry my pano head and filters/misc stuff that I don't want to put in my main bag (whatever that is at the moment).

Here's the one I got.

hth :)

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
  7. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    Miraculously I´ve found the Nat Geo 2344 selling really close to my work. I just got one. Since I´m still at work I haven´t been able to try it out yet, but it seems just THE right size and look for what I´m looking for.

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Love it when a plan comes together. ;)

9. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    I´m really liking the Nat Geo bag but I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the outer compartment is not water sealed. The bag could also use a couple more zippers and pockets inside. Other then that it´s perfect for the NEX7 with the 16mm plus 2 lenses, batteries, sd cards, cloths and some other accessories.

On a non functional note, I find the map drawing inside the outer flap kind of cheesy.